Some minor changes to Pool B have been made in the 2019 Rankin Cup India Shield draw, please check here. The draw is also now in Altiurst here.
NPW 1 and NPW 2 are Nga Puna Wai Sports Hub, Augustine Drive, Wigram
Marist Park is at St Bede's College, Momerangi Crescent Redwood
National Secondary School Tournament Rules - click here
Key Changes to Secondary School Rules - click here.
The rules are also available on the Hockey NZ website, as well as the Hockey NZ Code of Conduct and the following Hockey NZ Policies:
Teams should be familiar with all of the above and should have their own copy of the Tournament Rules and Key Changes.
- Secondary School Tournament matches will consist of 4 periods of 15 minutes.
- At the end of the first and third period there shall be an interval of 2 minutes. During this interval teams are not permitted to leave the field of play.
- Play is resumed by a centre pass. For the second period this is taken by the team that started the first period. For the third and forth period the centre pass is taken by the other team.
- At the end of the second period there shall be an interval of 5 minutes. During this interval teams may leave the field of play.
- There will be no stoppage time for penalty corners or goals.
All schools are responsible for entering their team directly into the Altiusrt system. The online registration process needs to be completed by Monday 19 August to allow team names to be published in the tournament booklets. If registration is not completed by this date, team names will not be published.
The tournament registration cover sheet will be sent out in a couple of weeks, this will need to be printed out and stapled to your signed team entry sheet printed from Altiusrt, ready to hand in at the tournament briefing.
It is vital that this sheet is printed out and attached to your team reconcile form - if it is not attached, the team registration will not be accepted.
TURF PRACTICE SLOTS
If you haven't already, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking.
Rankin Cup merchandise as below
Please complete the form here, and return to email@example.com before Monday 26 August.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Moveable Feasts will be operating in the cafe in the Nga Puna Wai Hub, check out their catering website here.
Lunch deals will be offered and posted shortly, please keep an eye out.